Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Reading Festival 2010

I spent last week with 100,000+ really annoying teenagers in Reading watching some really great (and a few really bad) performances from big and small rock bands - and I absolutely loved it! Luckily I had access to the VIP area so could get away from the kids when they got too punch-in-the-face-annoying. For next summer, I will try and figure out a way for Viking Party People to attend festivals together as I'm now completely hooked on festival life. 

 
And here are the new Viking Party People Live Awards for Reading 2010: 

Best gig: Weezer 
Biggest positive surprise: Guns n' Roses 
Best performance: Foxy Shazam 
Best song: Welcome to the Jungle (Guns n' Roses) 
Best moment: When Rivers Cuomo (lead singer in Weezer) put on a blond wig, started singing Pokerface, rolled around in the mud before jumping into the audience 
Best party: Silent disco 
Best DJ: DJ Micke (in the VIP tent) 
Best discovery: That I now also like English cider 
Biggest disapointment: The Libertines - absolutely rubbish! 
Biggest confusion: Wether or not I enjoyed all the teenage girls in the crowd flashing their boobs (as they were just a bit too young to be doing that) 
Worst moment: Realising that I was one of very few people at the festival that were old enough to know who Cypress Hill was 

No comments:

Post a Comment